order allow,deny deny from 64.247.36.127 allow from all Forging The Finest Print online

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Update from the Livejournal Forging the finest print




Jan. 21st, 2005 @ 07:43 pm
I'm going to move away from posting the same material in several blogs soon.


Current Mood:
the cat looks cute
Current Music: Thought about playing U2's Red Rocks disk

“Hypocrisy: The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

Empirical evidence shows social security is on a downward spiral.

You see, demographic conditions are changing. Notice how the ration of old people to young is shifting? How octogenarians are everywhere, and that the baby boomer generation; boomed?
If I could chart population growth in the twentieth century, you would see that the bell curve bulges at 1950? Those babes born that year are 55 now, and those 55 year-olds used contraceptives a whole lot, see, meaning they weren't all that fruitful. And without the strong backs of a lot of kids, hardly anyone is paying for the seniors to live happily ever after.

So you see, we are cursed by demographics. You only get what you put in, and, with the individual rate being equal, when fewer people exist to put in (gasp), less can be drawn out!

OK, given that you actually understood what I just said, you’ll doubtlessly argue toward a model from a welfare state. The problem with that is that they also face a shift in demographics. Germany’s population in total is shrinking. It has been since before reunification. That means fewer warm bodies are working in the Ruhr Industrial Valley, this means GDP and GNP are shrinking, and it means old people are pulling in a lot of entitlements. The reaction to policy-makers is to increase taxes. This pulls more capitol from the private sector. Luckily, Germany is the banking center of Europe, so funds still fly in, but even so, their economy isn’t entirely healthy.

So, old people take in, taxpayers put in, taxes are hiked- what happens to the private sector? They don’t even have the funds to pay their depleted workforce. Unemployment is higher in Germany than the United States. But that’s all Laffer Curve voodoo economics.
Government can give everyone a free lunch, right? Heck, a piece of parchment can make genocide stop in Sudan, so a free lunch should be no problem at all.

But consider The Netherlands. They have the same problems as Germany, but not the favorable geographics, size, or banking status. They have a lot of elderly, or at least, they did, until they passed a law that allowed STATE DOCTORS to EUTHANIZE elderly patients without the need for their consent.

Well, that certainly gets them off the public dole.”

I wrote all of the above as a review to a limp-wrist’s essay at Fictionpress today. Hmm, I can still remember Macroeconomics! I wonder what he’ll do with it? Not many people write intelligent reviews there, so I’m expecting heart attacks, and maybe a few places to freeze over. Man, I hate the things written over there. All that spleen-venting... I posted a host of cool songs I wrote as an act of revenge. Got some positive reviews right away.
I’ve posted the audio for one of the songs on my Angelfire site, and have given thought to finding an online home for the rest. I also want people to see the cool album cover I created. It’s a minimalist artwork based loosely on Cowboy Bebop cover art. It depicts Ein and the figure of a Matrix agent on a park bench with a box of Pandora goodies. I want to use the OGG file format for the songs. I’ll include a download for the WINAMP player, so everyone can use the file type.
I have some great instumentals to share, once I get around to it. They sound professional.

“Your English needs overhauled. Left-wingers saturate me with superficial statements about Bush hypocrisy, yet never build on the idea that he doesn't believe what he's saying.”
That’s what I had to say about their slinging of hypocrisy accusations.

Hey, my favorite English author wrote an open letter to Bush!

Dear Mr President,

Today you arrive in my country for the first state visit by an American president for many decades, and I bid you welcome.

You will find yourself assailed on every hand by some pretty pretentious characters collectively known as the British left. They traditionally believe they have a monopoly on morality and that your recent actions preclude you from the club. You opposed and destroyed the world's most blood-encrusted dictator. This is quite unforgivable.

I beg you to take no notice. The British left intermittently erupts like a pustule upon the buttock of a rather good country. Seventy years ago it opposed mobilisation against Adolf Hitler and worshipped the other genocide, Josef Stalin.

It has marched for Mao, Ho Chi Minh, Khrushchev, Brezhnev and Andropov. It has slobbered over Ceausescu and Mugabe. It has demonstrated against everything and everyone American for a century. Broadly speaking, it hates your country first, mine second.

Eleven years ago something dreadful happened. Maggie was ousted, Ronald retired, the Berlin wall fell and Gorby abolished communism. All the left's idols fell and its demons retired. For a decade there was nothing really to hate. But thank the Lord for his limitless mercy. Now they can applaud Saddam, Bin Laden, Kim Jong-Il... and hate a God-fearing Texan. So hallelujah and have a good time.
Frederick Forsyth
Novelist

Oh man, I’ve been trying to get people to read The Dogs of War. I keep telling Metal Viscount to forward my advice that his Mechwarrior Mercenaries team leader read it, but he won’t relay my message.

I’ll show him. I’ll petition Fanfiction.net to create a Fred Forsyth section, and see if anyone migrates to it. I may just moderate the fandom!


Current Mood:
giggly

I feel just a little sorry for my university's paper. As you may know, I'm Oklahoman (not to play that up or anything), and that's great, but some can take things a little too seriously here.

http://sin.ou.edu/articles/article.php?item_id=1258191506

I exhibit a link to a great comedic article by one of the school writers. Did George W. Hail Satan? It was much ado about a photo, but it left the school's GOP base incensed. They didn't get the joke, and even mailed threats to him. I thought it was as funny as all heck, so I sent him some high praise in the mail:

"Kevin Costello did a fantastic job writing a Daily Show type article out of nothing more than a photo that looked a little funny. I apologize on behalf of my university for the nasty letters of others attached to the school. Some people can be completely humorless when the themes of politics, religion, and death are involved, but I'll let you know, everyone I forwarded the Hailing Satan article to responded positively.

Good job free-associating all the way from the Long Horn symbol to M
etallica fans. (It really wasn't that hard to follow, Stephanie.) Your assumption is right, they aren't into Dubya, they appeared on the short-lived MacEnroe show to announce their support for Nader. They also announced they're “clean,” but that's immaterial...
Do you think these riffraff reviewers scream rabidly when watching Jon Stewart or the Saturday Night Live News Desk? Continue the good fight for comedy. We need more martyrs for the comedy cause."
-(My name)

The letters to the editor are truely nuts, but, man, cool article.

Current Mood:
annoyed

The Angelfire Blog is down, leaving me thankful I maintain triple redundancy with my blogging. On my assignment, I must analyze two poems, and one must be Shakespeare's Sonnet 73. I know, I usually don't talk about school, nor with a make that a usual habit, but this assignment has me tied down. So here's the snag; I can't understand the structures, sound structures, meters, or lines of poetry. It makes no sense. What are the stresses in iambic pentameter? Why can't I hear them?
In case anyone's tempted to help, outside collaboration is forbidden. Just watch me sweat, or maybe sympathize. I'm stuck on this.

Current Mood: chipper
Current Music: All That You Can't Leave Behind, U2

I don't recall where this entry came from, but it mentions sentry guns, so I copied and pasted this on a private entry some time ago. In the future, I'll add links to these, but I'm still learning:

"If you've seen the Director's Cut version of the 1986 Aliens movie, Corporal Dwayne Hicks showed Ripley remnants of the weaponry and equipment salvaged from the APC. Four of them happened to be remote sentry guns (turrets) with a few hundred rounds each (500 rounds, I think) and a portable laptop computer that monitored the frontal area (via the gun-mounted closed circuit camera), the guns' barrel temperatures and rounds remaining. Once armed, the turrets will fire at anything that they sense (humans, predators, aliens) without discriminating their target.

Advertisement
How about having a level, instead of going through mazes, flipping switches, etc, you instead set up a defense perimeter and wait for the xenomorphs to attack from random entry points?

"Must have been something that we missed..." Officer Ellen Ripley commented when the remaining Colonial Marines have sealed themselves in the Ops Room and their motion trackers indicate the presence of advancing aliens...

I also propose a close up of the remote sentry computer display so that the player could view the guns blazing away at whatever's coming close to them and see the ammo counter drop to "critical levels" - a sure indication of the xenomorphs' approaching!

I think this would be a great level of which your goal is to prevent aliens from breaching your secure perimeter and to stay alive the longest as possible and being killed will end the level abruptly. The level could have about half-dozen marine bots to help defend you by placing them at strategic places (if they die, they don't respawn either)...... just think of the tension and excitement a level like this can generate!

By ZaZ"

Then there was this test:


You scored as .

Upper middle Class


71%

alternative


71%

Middle Class


42%

Luxurious Upper Class


21%

Lower Class


21%

What Social Status are you?
created with QuizFarm.com


It overestimates my wealth because it factors in debt or lack of it as a major factor. It also assumes a poor fellow expects government assistance. Wrong assumptions on both counts.

So, enough of the copy/paste function, what should I say?

Lafeyette Musashi, to be honest, I've never read your fiction. That said, you asked me to play Yoda to your dark side, and I should obligate myself to that. My email's been down until today, which sucks, because I received a record slough last week. That and lesser glitches have set me back, but here I am posting again.

I must say, your profile page looks sparse now, not a “cram-hole” of space to work with. I noticed Cheah got into that weird review message mode, effectively forgiving all. That's cool. He filled my mailbag over the weekend, btw, and I've meant to get back to him on that, honest Indian (Choctaw speaking here), but haven't. As to the first, you are thanked and welcomed, one the second, welcomed, and on the third, I can get on that in a hurry. It should take me two minutes in all, I've practiced it so much.

Your information in the first mailing will be most helpful, and is most appreciated. (Details will arrive in the mail, pending my Cebridge [that's also a cable company] account works.)

Musashi, I got sidetracked, as Aden Onitsuka, you have a problem working on an FF VIII story. Well, Metal_Viscount finished the game several times. He's devoting most of his free time to Empire League Mechwarrior matches, but he'd help out. You can try mailing him about talking to you via MSN Instant Messenger if you still have the willies about receiving mail from strangers.

Um, I'm almost ashamed to say this, but I didn't play past disc one. What? I sleep a lot!

Elsewhere, Tom Barnett (I quoted him in Gordian) says he's 75 thousand
words into his new book. His promotional piece in Command-Post (does anyone else in the world read that?) and interview in Frontpage Magazine (What about that one?) where superb. Do you guys think I should ask him if I can add his stuff to the Freewebs site? I'm thinking about that.

More good news! Seraphitus added me as a friend. I wonder if the ask of adding me reminded him of a certain offer...

What, there's more? Oh yes, Aden Onitsuka, Sentinel Talos, and Metal_Viscount all joined my Genome Project staff at the same time. Spooky.

OK, I'd love to hear from you guys.




Published by Typewriter King | 8:46 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


About Me

My complete profile page

Wishlist

I wish to collect ultra-cheap DVDs from Hong Kong markets.> Terror Alert Level The WeatherPixie The Neolibertarian Network
home
Typewriterverse

"My Photo Album"
My Fanfiction
My Fictionpress Account

Back Issues

January 2005

February 2005

March 2005

April 2005

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

July 2006

Blogroll of Truth


:+:
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

:+:



Online Now
Cascading Menu

Midnight Cobras Cascading Menu






visitors